06 January 2009

There's always next year...

I'm still coming to terms with the Vikings ignominious loss on Sunday. (I feel I use the words "ignominious" and Vikings in the same sentence far too often.) I won't bore you with my armchair general managing except to say that I was disappointed but not surprised by the outcome. Now that the NFL season is functionally over as far as I'm concerned, I guess I can turn my attention to the Premier League. I was happy to see today that my team, Fulham, has managed to stumble its way to the top half of the table. Skol Cottagers!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to buy your Clint Dempsey Jersey!

http://www.justsport-group.com/shop.fulhamfc.com/acatalog/replicahome.html

1/07/2009 7:57 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, he's probably my favorite on the team. I think he's the only American left, at least that's playing much. I started supporting Fulham in the first place for the very parochial reason that they had a glut of Americans (well three, which is a lot by English soccer standards), and now I'm stuck with them. A jersey would certainly up my level of commitment!

1/07/2009 10:17 PM

 
Blogger jaos11 said...

10 in a row without a loss... they are on the rise. McBride was holding them back!

1/08/2009 12:58 AM

 
Blogger jaos11 said...

I forgot to mention that I have 2 jerseys. Aaron Lennon, who blew out his knee after I got the jersey, and Fabregas, who blew out his knee after I got the jersey.

1/08/2009 12:59 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, who would have guessed they'd improve so much after McBride left. There are rumors their manager might leave to coach the Norwegian national team, though, so a dramatic fight to stave off relegation may yet be in their future. I hope I don't share your jersey karma! Brian McBride had a decent World Cup after I got his, so I think Clint Dempsey might be safe. :)

1/14/2009 11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home