22 August 2008

This is not a blog about remodeling

I promised before that this space wouldn't be taken over by remodeling pictures and stories (a remodelogue, if you will), but I couldn't resist this picture. My parents were here last week to visit and labor on the house. While Jack and I rebuilt our dilapidated porch, my mom and Anne repainted the kitchen. When we moved in, it was decorated with pink wainscoting below and (dark) blue and white striped wallpaper with a floral print above. Needless to say, it had to go.

With the wallpaper removed, Anne and my mom set to repainting. In the middle of the transition from pink to green, I couldn't help but notice the two colors together were reminiscent of the cover of one of the greatest albums of all time.



This fortuitous bit of rock and roll color concurrence was pretty cool, although as much as I love the Clash, the pink still had to go, and we now have a much more bearable, two-tone kitchen painted in green and white.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home