05 September 2007

First day of school

After months of anticipation, I finally had my first day of classes today. Or should I say "first day of class," because I just had one lecture. It was ecology, at the bright and early hour of 8:00. Luckily my students seem like an attentive and engaged bunch. I hope that can last for a little while until sleep deprivation catches up with them (and me!). I'll confess to a little case of nerves before class, but I just reminded myself that being a college professor is what I want to do with my life, and I'm happy that I'm finally able to do it. I've got tomorrow off, then two classes on Thursday. Wish me luck!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things went well! The first day of school always gave me jitters and I'll bet a first day as a new prof is way worse than a first day as a new student. Good luck with your remaining classes!

9/05/2007 10:12 PM

 
Blogger Beau said...

Thats cool! Glad it all worked out okay.

Today was the first day for the Alec and Chase and Parker starts tomorrow.
And then me in a few weeks!

I think those first day jitters get all of us.

9/05/2007 11:35 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for the support, guys! Best of luck in school, Beau!

9/06/2007 12:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job, my man. Live the dream!
-Rog

9/06/2007 11:20 PM

 
Blogger Kristina said...

Try racing from the hospital in order to make it your first class. It adds a surreal quality to things. How have classes been since? My students are hit and miss. But I definitely know what you mean. It's weird to be addressed as "professor." Plus, it's weird that the students are so young, wouldn't you say?

9/14/2007 5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home