17 August 2007

Uninsured

Effective yesterday I joined the ranks of those without health care in this country. My coverage from Berkeley expired, and my insurance from my new job doesn't start up until September 1. And no company offers short-term insurance in Vermont. Believe me, Anne and I both searched high and low. So that means I go without, because signing up for insurance with another company will take 30 days to take effect, and then I'll have to pay for coverage for at least two weeks longer than I need. For those of you savvy health insurance consumers who might be thinking "can't you just COBRA your Berkeley insurance?" I say "think again!" Berkeley's student insurance doesn't offer any continuing benefits. So I just need to make sure I don't get sick between now and the end of the month (or if I do, make sure it happens while we're in Montreal next week), and everything will work out fine. Keep your fingers crossed for me....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home