11 April 2007

Back in action

After a lengthy hiatus, my blog is back in action (at least for now). It's been a pretty busy couple months, what with dissertation writing, teaching, and job hunting. As many of you probably know, the biggest news around here is my new job. Anne and I will be heading for Vermont at the end of July so I can start at Green Mountain College this fall. I'm very excited because it's just the kind of job I was looking for. I'll be doing mostly teaching, and I'll have a lot of chances to develop my own classes and get students out doing field work. It's a little scary to think I'll be a professor in charge of my own classes in just five months, but I guess there's no point putting it off any longer.

One of the interesting side effects of getting a job has been an intensification of my dissertation writing. During my interview, the dean of the faculty told me there was a pay difference between instructors (w/o PhD) and assistant professors (with PhD). That lit a bit of a fire under me, and I've been analyzing data and writing feverishly since I got back from my interview. I just turned in a draft of my last "data" chapter to my advisor today, so I thought I would turn my writing attentions to my long neglected blog. Not much to write about today except the new job, but I've got a few ideas kicking around that I'm hoping to dribble out while I'm revising. We'll see how that goes....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Professor Jordon,
Not only am I thrilled that you nabbed the job, I'm delighted to see that some of the albums I sent your way are now in rotation. Rock on.

4/12/2007 9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hear Vermont is gorgeous. We hope to visit you out there. I can't believe this means you're finally leaving that apartment and the Rockridge neighborhood!!

4/13/2007 12:42 AM

 
Blogger Beau said...

Professor Jordan has an interesting ring to it! Congratulations.

4/13/2007 2:45 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Professor Jordan also has a slightly premature ring to it, but thank you nonetheless. We're looking forward to visits from all of you after we've settled in.

4/13/2007 5:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home