13 December 2006

Mike Patton on All My Children

I just heard about this hilarious clip from All My Children. In it, the protagonists are trying to convince rocker "Zarf" to shill their line of cosmetics. He's not buying, so one of them (I kid you not) launches into a minute-long discussion of her love for Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle), which wins over "Zarf" (I feel I have to put his name in quotes every time). "Zarf's" reaction to the mention of Mike Patton is almost as awesome as hearing this much time given over to him on a daytme soap. As a super-awesome follow-up, when I mentioned this story to Anne last night, she informed me that "Zarf" is now the first transgendered character on a daytime soap opera, having made the switch to womanhood recently. (For Anne's sake, I should add that she only found this out by reading about it in the Chronicle.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any cool factor associated with Zarf's being the first transgendered character on television is fully negated by the fact that the character's name is Zarf. Do you think they came up with Zarf because they were afraid of being inundated by hate mail from all the Susans or Joes of the world (had they gone with a more pedestrian name)?

12/18/2006 8:40 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

I know if s/he'd been named Mark, I'd be staging a boycott right now.

12/20/2006 7:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home