10 September 2006

Still alive

I apologize that my blog activity has been a bit inconsistent lately. It's probably going to be that way for the next month because I've got a ton of work to do. I need to finish all of my lab work before the lab packs up in the middle of October to move to Sweden, and I have a big fellowship application due at the beginning of next month. If I get it, then it will pay for my entire two-year postdoc, so needless to say, I'm spending a lot of time on it. Also, I start teaching on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it because I always enjoy teaching and it's been a while since I've done it, but I hope I don't short-change the students while I'm madly trying to write a fellowship.

Anyway, I just thought I'd write a quick post to say I'm still alive and to explain why I haven't responded to anyone's emails recently. We're in LA right now for Anne's cousin's wedding. It's the first time I've worn a tie in a long time. I'm looking forward to a couple hours of partyin' and drinkin' to take my mind off of work for a while. This afternoon we went to Venice, which is very close to where we're staying. I don't think it's quite what Anne's mom expected, but it was an interesting cultural experience for her. Well, I'm off to finish getting ready for the wedding. Hope to post again soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home