21 December 2006

Comments on MSN Spaces

A little while back I lamented the fact that Microsoft's new and (ahem) improved blog site was flawed by the fact that you couldn't post a comment to someone's blog if you were using Firefox. Well Microsoft must have felt the heat, because it seems to be working now. In trying to resolve this problem, a little, anonymous, bird who works in the belly of the beast was kind enough to give me a freebie, tech support call. It turns out that tech support doesn't cover such a problem, but the friendly fellow on the other end of the line pointed me toward the support site for Windows Live. While (re)entering my complaint, I decided to navigate over to Roger's blog to try to recreate the problem so that I could address it more specifically. Lo and behold! my brief, off-color comment was magically added, and I have since been able do this at other friends' sites. Now I can't add my name or my blog's url, but at least I can write comments now.

I'd like to take credit for pushing Microsoft to fix this, although I have a hunch that this blog doesn't have quite enough pull. I'm just happy it's working, albeit clumsily. Kind of like the rest of MS's products.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home