06 April 2006

Embracing my inner nerd

I'm generally a sucker for a good online personality test, so when I read about the Nerd, Geek, or Dork test on Beau's blog, I was pretty excited. It turns out that according to the test, I'm a "modern, cool nerd." However, it's hard to take much consolation from being deemed "cool" by the makers of the test because my raw scores were:

98% nerd
72% geek
28% dork

I can at least take some solace in that my dork score was relatively low, but I was a little surprised at how off-the-chart my nerd score was. I also think I scored particularly high in geek because I admitted to owning a season of a television show on DVD. Not coincidentally, one of the quizzes they recommended I take after finishing this one was the Buffy the Vampire Slayer quiz. Of course I'd already taken that one ages ago. I don't trust its results, though. It said I most closely resemble Glory, and Anne was most similar to Spike. Why couldn't I be Willow or Giles? But I digress ....

If you're interested in taking the test for yourself, you can find it here. And to any of you who want to hassle me about being so nerdy, I just have to say "Back off man, I'm a scientist." (Although technically quoting from "Ghostbusters" is probably more of a geeky thing to do.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Beau said...

I'm a little bummed that I came out Pure Nerd. I like the description of modern and cool - I like to think of myself that way.

I always say that statistics can be maniuplated to show anything you want - that must be the nerdy part of me. It must be true.

4/06/2006 9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home