28 March 2006

Fading down the stretch

This past weekend was not kind to my NCAA tournament bracket. I think only a couple games went my way, and since none of my teams made it to the final four, my situation can only get worse. I've dropped to the 700,000's on ESPN.com, and more critically, to 5th in my pool. Well, it was nice being on top, no matter how briefly. In spite of my bracket's poor showing, I saw some great games this weekend. (I'm still a little bummed about the Gonzaga game, though. It's bad enough they lost the way they did, but did they have to lose to UCLA?) I have to say that Sunday's game between UConn and George Mason was one of the best basketball games I've ever seen. Even though I had Connecticut winning it all, I was definitely pulling for the scrappy underdog. This is why I rarely bet on sports and never play fantasy sports: my emotional attachments to a game will always supersede my fiduciary ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home