22 June 2006

USA v Ghana

I have to say, I'm pretty nervous about tomorrow morning's game between the US and Ghana. In spite of some pretty inspired play against Italy, we haven't looked too sharp this tournament. OK, we've looked downright bad. And yet here we are with the possibility of advancing in spite of the miserable opener against the Czech Republic and the fact that the only goal we've scored was an own goal by Italy. I can definitely say this is the most emotionally involved I've ever felt about a soccer game. Is this what it feels like to be English? I think that advancing is a pretty long shot, so I'm just hoping for a good game. I guess I should head to bed now, though, so I don't oversleep and miss it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed and pissed about that performance I'm going to coin a new phrase that describes the opposite of success in soccer...

"LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGG. LOG LOG LOG LOG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGG."

-Roger, who is not proud to be an American right now.

6/23/2006 9:28 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

You should still be proud to be an American ('cause at least you know you're free), just not an American soccer fan ;)

6/23/2006 10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home